Whether taking on young graduates or experienced professionnals, we are particularly interessed in outstanding graduates from major engineering and business schools who demonstrate an ambition to respond to challenges and devote themselves fully to what they do. However, there is no single route to join Colombus Consulting. Above all we look for people with high intellectual capability, strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to adapt. We also value people skills such as friendliness and modesty.
Interns and young graduates
Are you a young graduate or student completing a programme of study at a major school ? Does a career in management and organization consultancy appeal to you? Then join us!
The recruitment process
Our recruitment process aims to give us an understanding of your personal motivations, check that you have the necessary skills and ensure that we can work together.
At these meetings, we try to evaluate your ability to adapt to a working environment that requires high standards and flexibility.
These exchanges are also an opportunity for you to meet our employees and get a picture of our company culture.
In particular, recruitment sessions are important to allow us to :
- Gain an understanding of your motivations, ambitions and potential as a future intern or junior consultant
- Check your command of English
- Evaluate your knowledge of consultancy and the company (we particularly welcome candidates who have completed an internship in a consultancy company)
- Assesse the relevance of your academic background
- Test your skills on a case study: we present you with an ongoing assignment for which you have to develop and present a problem-solving approach. The exercise does not require in-depth knowledge of specific areas of activity or processes. The result is not what matters: your questions and logical thought processes are more important than the solution you identify.
Do you have experience of working in a demanding environment ? Does the Colombus experience sound like your thing ? Then join us !
The recruitment process
Our recruitment process aims to evaluate your ability to listen, communicate effectively and present yourself with energy and conviction. Our human resources team organizes interviews with our employees, consultants and management representatives. You should be prepared to discuss your previous experiences in detail, describing the actions that were essential to the success of your projects.
The various stages of recruitment have several aims :
- Understanding your motivations, ambitions and potential as a consultant
- Checking your command of English
- Evaluating your knowledge of consultancy and the company
- Assessing the relevance of your career path
- Testing your skills on a case study: we present you with an ongoing assignment for which you have to develop and present a problem-solving approach. The exercise does not require in-depth knowledge of specific areas of activity or processes. The result is not what matters: your questions and logic thought processes are more important than the solution you identify.
Colombus Consulting maintains strong partnerships with major engineering and business schools. We regularly participate in events organized by these schools.
Come and meet Colombus consultants at forums or in the framework of our partnerships with schools and student groups. Our consultants will be happy to answer your questions, share their experiences of consultancy and talk about any future opportunities. Don’t miss our next meetings :
- ESCP forum : Paris Convention Centre on 17 January 2014
- EM Lyon forum : Lyon campus on 22 January 2014